Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Mix and Match

Friday is always food shop day, and I'd already had in mind what i wanted for dinner. It was going to be a pesto risotto. So happily walking around Tesco, come to the aisle with all the glorious different types of pesto (seriously you wouldn't believe how many different types there are). The first i pick up it has milk in, a little peeved off but hey ho, I'm sure the next one will be fine. Five different brands later and they are swimming in milk or egg and some even had fish in. After checking 12 of them i was in a fit of rage, probably because i have a very short fuse but it meant i had to change the whole dish i wanted to cook. I mean yes i could have made the pesto myself but... well i don't have a good reason, but it's Friday, I don't want to spend the whole evening in the kitchen especially with a damn cold.
So i search high and low for something of similar nature, mainly something green but there is nothing at all. I already had some gnocchi, courgettes, soy cream and pine nuts in the trolley (amongst other goods) so i thought of what could work with it...

Yes...Green Thai curry paste. Now you're thinking, she must be mad, curry paste with pasta?! Who would ever do that!
I'm a bit funny when it comes to doing things right, I'll never follow a recipe how it is supposed to and I'll make it up all on the spot. But I believe when one ingredient says it has to be in the form of one thing, I must challenge it to be something more.
{I try to put pine nuts into anything I cook right now as well, they're just so moreish!} 

I adore cooking with gnocchi because it's so quick and easy, you really cannot go wrong with it, and also it tastes great with literally anything. I used 3 heaped teaspoons on the curry paste and added about half a cup of soy cream as I'm not a massive fan of food that burns my tongue off. 
And there we have it, ready in 6 minutes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment